Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Challenge You...

With the dawn of the new year comes the arrival of all the updated seed and plant catalogs. Planning what your vegetable garden will look like or seeing the latest perennial you want to try or even debating whether to take the plunge into the fruit tree world. All these thoughts always get me out of the winter blues. I usually turn to my Bluestone, Johnny's, Burpee, Heronswood, and Kitchen Garden catalogs first. Now I'm hearing about this Plant Delights Nursery so I'll have to check them out too.

And I'm hearing about PDN because anti-Heronswood buyers have moved their business there, which brings me to my next point. I understand all you having some hate towards the Burpee/Heronswood situation, but give it another chance. I too disagree with Heronswood going to a flimsy catalog and leaning toward the internet to do its marketing, but I know the people running the show there are trying to turn it around. Not the big-wig, "experts" that were brought in from other large companies from states all over the map, but the people who are getting paid poverty salaries and are getting their hands dirty, caring for the plants. So I challenge you, Heronswood/Burpee haters and more specifically the bloggers out there like Mr. Garden Rant, to watch, listen, and just see if you don't see some changes for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment