Saturday, January 9, 2010

A New Beginning

Ah the start of the new year and the start of many bloggers who will inevitably never post past February. This is something I've been wanting to do for years. I've stalked others who are great now, but if you look at when they started, their posts were no better than this one is (and probably the next 20).

As a plant geek by nature and a horticulturalist by profession I have a few things that I would like to get out there, but not all will be posted right away. I also hate bloggers that just babble on and on about boring insignificant facts. That will not be me. If my writing bores you to tears look at my pretty pictures. Such as these, including my profile picture. I had a difficult time trying to decide what to put there, I really did not want a picture of myself. While scrolling through my collection of photos I came across this beautiful weed and knew that is what I had to use. Many years ago, when I was a teenager, I spotted a beautiful fern like plant growing in my garden. I watched it and took care of it and it wasn't until it bloomed that I realized it was Daucus carota, or at that time I disappointingly thought, Oh Queen Anne's Lace, and ripped it out. However, that was not the end, it came back the following year with many, many cousins. I took digging it out and some roundup to rid my garden of it, but before I could say goodbye photos were taken. At one point this was a treasure to me and then became a nuisance. One gardener's weed is another gardener's treasure.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stella

    I really like your profile pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.... it is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog and amazing shot of Daucus carota. It really looks awesome. Enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete